4D3N Mulu Pinnacles & Show Caves
4 Days 3 Nights
Mulu National Park / Miri
english / malay
Join In Group
Pick Up Point
Pick Up Time
To Be Arranged
Gunung Mulu National Park is located in the state of Sarawak, the Land of the Hornbills, and also home to some of the most spectacular wildlife. This has designated it as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Standing at an imposing 2,376m high, Gunung Mulu or Mulu Mountain also harbours 52,000 hectares of equatorial rainforest, giving ideal conditions for a diversity of flora and fauna to thrive healthily. Gunung Mulu is also a geological and geographical wonderland, with deeply incised canyons, long meandering rivers and soaring limestone pinnacles looming over dense vegetation that covers the mountain.
Its 1.5 million year old history awaits anyone who seeks to unravel the secrets of Gunung Mulu National Park’s geomorphic and structural characteristics. Together with some 3,500 species of vascular plants, scientists, naturalists, and keen adventurers will find the national park’s dramatic landscapes and incredible diversity the perfect place to discover some of Earth’s history.
- Longboat ride along the Melinau River
- Trekking through the Borneo rainforest
- Mulu Pinnacles climb
- Clearwater Cave
- Cave of Winds
- Lang & Deer Cave
- 5-star Mulu Marriott stay
DAY 1Mulu National Park Headquarters / Deer & Lang Caves
Hotel / Airport Pick Up
Estimated pick up time: Depends on your flight arrival time
Welcome to Mulu! You will be picked up from Mulu Airport.
Mulu National Park Headquarters
After check-in into the hotel around late afternoon, you will meet the local guide and proceed to Mulu National Park Headquarters.
Deer Cave & Lang Cave
The caves are located at 3KM's walk inside the Mulu National Park forest, accessible via boardwalk. A visit to Deer Cave is generally combined with Lang Cave as the passage distance between both caves is quite short. Here, you will explore the largest cave passage in the world and await the highlight of the evening - myriads of bats departing from the cave creating an incredible formation!
Dinner at a local restaurant.
Overnight in Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa.
DAY 2Clearwater Cave / Cave of the Winds / Base Camp 5
After breakfast, you will be picked up from hotel and head to Clearwater Cave & Cave of the Winds by hopping on a longboat.
Climb the moderate steep stairs up to the Clearwater Cave. The local guide will clarify the standards and guidelines of cave visiting and clarify the geography before entering the cave. Be captivated with the sufficiently bright stalactites and stalagmites in the cavern and sprinkle of clear streams that flow through the cave channels.
Cave of the Winds
At the Cave of the Winds, appreciate the spouting cool breeze that crashes through the tight cavern chambers and be captivated about the untainted cavern developments.
You will have lunch at the picnic area at the entrance of Clearwater Cave.
Base Camp 5
From that point, continue with motorized longboat ride towards upriver along the Melinau River to Kuala Litut. If the water level is shallow, the boat will need to be pushed over rocky areas. Upon docking at Kuala Litut, start the 9 KM trek to Base Camp 5, following the wilderness landscapes that normally took 2-3 hours to trek.
Dinner & Rest
At Base Camp 5, settle in for the night after dinner prepared by the resident guide. Have a good night rest.
DAY 3Mulu Pinnacles / Malinau River
Wake up and have an early breakfast, get ready for the hike that starts on 6am.
Mulu Pinnacles - Ascending
The trail is 2.4 km long and rises somewhere in the range of 1,200 meters from Camp 5 to the viewpoint. Trek is an average of 4-5 hours through a swamp dipterocarp forest before climbing steeply through the mossy forest. Trees are significantly scrubby and the vegetation is veiled in elusive green moss.
The last area of the trails is closely vertical, with rope segment and 15 aluminium stepping stools situated vitally to help with going up the rocks. The greenery is scattered amidst the limestone rocks.
Upon reaching the summit, enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the majestic Mulu Pinnacles as you eat your packed lunch.
Mulu Pinnacles - Descending
Due to the steep trail of Mulu Pinnacles, you might need more energy to go down, with an average of 5-6 hours descend.
Malinau River beside Base Camp 5
Upon the camp, you can either take a rest or swim in the Melinau River alongside Camp 5.
Dinner & Rest
After dinner, rest for the night.
DAY 4Melinau River / Airport Transfer
Base Camp 5 & Melinau River
Pack up and depart from Base Camp 5. Retrace your route via 9km trek to Kuala Litut and take the longboat ride down to Melinau River.
The tour has come to an end and you will be transferred to Mulu Airport.
Estimated drop off time: Depends on your flight departure time
End of Tour
*Departure time is approximate and varies from different operators. Your actual pick-up time will be sent to you upon booking confirmation.
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Please select your package option and preferred local operator you want to travel with.
- Minimum age to join this package is 16 years old and above.
- All clients who enter Mulu Park must bring along 1) their Passport / ID Cards and 2) a photocopy of their Passport /ID Cards to present it to the park management office upon check-in & registration.
- It is necessary to take a morning flight to Mulu on Day 1 of this tour package. Direct flights are available from Kuching, Miri, and Kota Kinabalu.
- The climb to the summit will take an average of 4-5 hours, with a safe cut off times implemented by the park rangers. Should you exceed the cut off time, you will be asked to turn around and descend back to Camp 5.
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Due to traffic conditions, departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels. Should there be any delay, please call the telephone number stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
Storing Your Luggage
- Kindly note that all guests are advised to pack extra clothing in their carry-on baggage should there be any unforeseen circumstances upon arrival in Mulu.
- Kindly pack your items separately - one bag for Day 1 - 2 (first night) stay at Mulu Marriott Resort, and another bag for Day 2 - 3 (second and third nights) for outdoor adventure.
- Upon arrival at the airport, you will be transferred to Mulu Marriott Resort for an overnight stay. You can store extra baggage (additional charges may apply) at Mulu Marriott Resort upon check-out, and claim it on Day 4.
- There are no lockers at Camp 5. Please take good care of your own belongings.
Snacks & Drinks
- Drinking water is refillable in Camp 5.
- Mulu Airport is very small with a limited supply of items offered at the Airport canteen. Therefore, you are advised to purchase your energy food and drink before arriving at Mulu.
- You are advised to bring along some cash for any purchases at Camp 5. Do note that the prices for snacks and other items sold at Camp 5 will be more expensive as all items are carried in by porters.
- Mosquito nets (single) are available for rent in Camp 5 at MYR10/night.
- Using a raincoat during your Mulu Pinnacles climb is not recommended as wearing the raincoat may obstruct your view of the trail.
- In certain flower seasons, there are more bees and cicadas in the Camp 5 vicinity. To avoid a nasty surprise of stepping on a bee in the dark, you are advised to wear footwear at all times.
- Due to the remote location of Borneo jungle, there are no or low phone signal coverage or internet connection available during the longboat ride, jungle trekking, Mulu Pinnacles climb, or the stay at Camp 5. However, limited phone signal coverage is available at Mulu National Park HQ.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sarawak Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.