- Longboat ride along the Melinau River
- Trekking through the Borneo rainforest
- Mulu Pinnacles climb
- Clearwater Cave
- Cave of Winds
- Lang & Deer Cave
- 5-star Mulu Marriott stay
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Gunung Mulu National Park is located in the state of Sarawak, the Land of the Hornbills, and also home to some of the most spectacular wildlife. This has designated it as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Standing at an imposing 2,376m high, Gunung Mulu or Mulu Mountain also harbours 52,000 hectares of equatorial rainforest, giving ideal conditions for a diversity of flora and fauna to thrive healthily. Gunung Mulu is also a geological and geographical wonderland, with deeply incised canyons, long meandering rivers and soaring limestone pinnacles looming over dense vegetation that covers the mountain.
Its 1.5 million year old history awaits anyone who seeks to unravel the secrets of Gunung Mulu National Park’s geomorphic and structural characteristics. Together with some 3,500 species of vascular plants, scientists, naturalists, and keen adventurers will find the national park’s dramatic landscapes and incredible diversity the perfect place to discover some of Earth’s history.
- Minimum age to join this package is 16 years old and above.
- All clients who enter Mulu Park must bring along 1) their Passport / ID Cards and 2) a photocopy of their Passport /ID Cards to present it to the park management office upon check-in & registration.
- It is necessary to take a morning flight to Mulu on Day 1 of this tour package. Direct flights are available from Kuching, Miri, and Kota Kinabalu.
- The climb to the summit will take an average of 4-5 hours, with a safe cut off times implemented by the park rangers. Should you exceed the cut off time, you will be asked to turn around and descend back to Camp 5.
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- Due to traffic conditions, departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels. Should there be any delay, please call the telephone number stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
Storing Your Luggage
- Kindly note that all guests are advised to pack extra clothing in their carry-on baggage should there be any unforeseen circumstances upon arrival in Mulu.
- Kindly pack your items separately - one bag for Day 1 - 2 (first night) stay at Mulu Marriott Resort, and another bag for Day 2 - 3 (second and third nights) for outdoor adventure.
- Upon arrival at the airport, you will be transferred to Mulu Marriott Resort for an overnight stay. You can store extra baggage (additional charges may apply) at Mulu Marriott Resort upon check-out, and claim it on Day 4.
- There are no lockers at Camp 5. Please take good care of your own belongings.
Snacks & Drinks
- Drinking water is refillable in Camp 5.
- Mulu Airport is very small with a limited supply of items offered at the Airport canteen. Therefore, you are advised to purchase your energy food and drink before arriving at Mulu.
- You are advised to bring along some cash for any purchases at Camp 5. Do note that the prices for snacks and other items sold at Camp 5 will be more expensive as all items are carried in by porters.
- Mosquito nets (single) are available for rent in Camp 5 at MYR10/night.
- Using a raincoat during your Mulu Pinnacles climb is not recommended as wearing the raincoat may obstruct your view of the trail.
- In certain flower seasons, there are more bees and cicadas in the Camp 5 vicinity. To avoid a nasty surprise of stepping on a bee in the dark, you are advised to wear footwear at all times.
- Due to the remote location of Borneo jungle, there are no or low phone signal coverage or internet connection available during the longboat ride, jungle trekking, Mulu Pinnacles climb, or the stay at Camp 5. However, limited phone signal coverage is available at Mulu National Park HQ.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Sarawak Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.